Subscribe:

8.01.2011

Ikea Fabric Finds...

I bought 4 pieces of fabric at Ikea yesterday, and so far I've already used half of them.

I bought this one to use as a quilt backing, for something I have yet to design:

It's various numbers spelled out in cursive, which I thought was pretty cute. The fabric itself is really soft, so I think it would make a nice center piece on the back of a quilt or throw blanket.








The other favorite fabric I got was this one:

It's origami animals, which I thought looked really cool (with fingers crossed it would also be cool on a "man" level). Turns out it was... Adam really likes it and it looks great as a bed cover in the room he's converting to his music studio. We have a twin bed in there that acts as a couch during sessions, but also doubles as a guest room when we have visitors. And although I haven't actually done anything more with this fabric other than cover the bed with it, I will be turning it into a real bed spread this weekend. This purchase also prompted two additional purchases... a dark grey patterned rug and light grey bedsheets. I love it when my design ideas are accepted by Adam:)

The other two fabrics I have no idea what to do with, but I figure it never hurts to add to the stash!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...